Friday, October 10, 2014

A definition to remember

Yesterday I visited with L. We were discussing changes and expressing our condolences to things no longer. We were talking about aggression and she said that most often it is rooted in anger. We agreed that it is good to stick up for yourself and to be sure-footed but questioned whether being forceful and over-assertive was really needed to achieve the results desired. It was as we sat, talked and shared about the journey that has brought us each to motherhood that I received a truly genuine and honoring compliment that I want to remember. I had told her that many of my friends at school would turn to me for support; a push to stick up for themselves and not be walked all over. That they would tell me I could always tell it how it was when they needed to hear it. I pondered if it were possible to be aggressive only in certain contexts and L expressed that she believed what it really is, is that I am bold. 

bold
bōld/
adjective1.
(of a person, action, or idea) showing an ability to take risks; confident and courageous.
 
 "
I think that is beautiful. I think that to live a bold life is a fulfilling, honest, genuine, and humble life. I want to strive to always be bold. Not just when it is easy, or natural but when no one is looking; when I'm fighting my demons, when I'd rather do the easy than do the right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment