Saturday, January 30, 2016

Things worth celebrating

I have joy. It's kind of weird to say that. In my world it isn't a word I use often or carelessly. It is a pretty sacred emotion. It is not just happiness or feeling good. It comes from deep in your soul and I believe true joy comes only through our Heavenly Father. Being someone who struggles with depression and anxiety it is easy to sometimes think those manic highs are joy and when you come back down from them, you're left feeling even worse because of this false assumption. I am currently at a very challenging point in my life. It's almost like one of those long bends in the road that slowly but surely is changing your course of direction whether you like it or not. You didn't choose to take the turn at a cross in the road, the road itself turned. I know I need help in many ways and I know the road ahead of this bend is going to be long and hard but today I feel joy. Deep in my soul joy that is leaving me very satisfied. There is chaos all around me but I feel joy. That alone is worth celebrating.

“We're depending on God; he's everything we need. What's more, our hearts brim with joy since we've taken for our own his holy name. Love us, God, with all you've got — that's what we're depending on.” (Psalm 33:20-22 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment